National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organization of the Indian government. The aim of NCERT is to facilitate academic excellence via valuable education and research material. The books printed by NCERT are widely used in various schools across India – central government schools, state government schools, and other private schools. To be updated about the latest NCERT syllabus you can follow this page regularly https://www.toppr.com/bytes/ncert-books/
As the new session is about to begin, students must be searching for the latest NCERT syllabus. Moreover, parents want to know about the NCERT syllabus so that they can plan for educational future of their child. Here, we have presented the latest NCERT syllabus for all the classes from I-XII.
Importance of NCERT Books
Before we discuss the latest NCERT syllabus, let us have a look at the importance of NCERT books for school education:
- The information encapsulated in the books is according to the latest trend. Apart from this, NCERT made a point that the information is accurate and extensive
- The books have been written by the experts. This ensures that the information is penned down after careful research
- For better grasping, language and conceptualization play a major role. NCERT emphasizes on these factors as well. Hence, the books are written in a lucid language so that a student can understand in a better way
- NCERT books are designed in keeping the future prospects in consideration. For example, if a student attempts engineering or medical entrance examinations, he or she will find NCERT books immensely useful for the preparation. These books have been designed as the standard books for reference. Hence, these books form the base for any competitive exam preparation
- The cost of the books is kept at aminimum. The low cost facilitates affordability which is necessary. The rich, as well as poor, can buy these books to study effectively
NCERT Syllabus 2017-2018
The NCERT syllabus has been divided into five sections. Theses sections are based on the subjects offered in the respective classes. Moreover, there are some additional points as well. These have been discussed in detail.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 1st – 3rd
As this is the initial phase of education, the following subjects offer basic education to the child. This is necessary to create the building blocks for the future. Environmental education is also included for environment awareness.
- Environmental (For Class 3rd only)
NCERT Syllabus for Class 4th – 5th
Everything is same except the fact that Environment education is compulsory in both the classes. Till now, there is no evidence of Science and Social Science.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 6th – 8th
We witness thegradual transformation from class 6th. Apart from Science and Social Science, we see the emergence of Sanskrit as well. This has been done to promote our cultural heritage amongst our future generations.
- Social Science
NCERT Syllabus for Class 9th – 10th
The same trend continues in these classes, except the replacement of Sanskrit by Hindi. Apart from these, there is a provision for thevocational (additional) subject as well. This will be the sixth subject, in addition to the five main subjects. The CGPA will be calculated based on all the six subjects.
- Social Science
List of Vocational Courses
- Finance, Business, and Management
- Health and Wellness
- Media, Entertainment, and Production
- Engineering and Technology
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Agro, Production, and Marketing
- Applied Physics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 11th – 12th
There are various options to choose from in Class 11th and 12th. The complete list of subjects is given below:
- Social Science – This includes History, Geography, Sociology, Economics, and Political Science
- Business Studies
As per 2017-2018, this is latest NCERT syllabus adopted by affiliated schools in India. You can download the books free of cost for studying purpose.